Mississippi College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters, education specialist degrees, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Mississippi College. To file a complaint with SACSCOC, use the links below.
Mississippi College is authorized by the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA) to offer and award postsecondary academic degrees. Students wishing to file a complaint related to non-compliance of MCCA regulations should use the official Student Complaint Form found on the MCCA website.
Distance Learning & State Authorization
The US Department of Education requires that any institution offering distance education courses and programs to students outside of the institution’s home state must acquire authorization from the states in which those students reside. Authorization regulations vary from state to state. Mississippi College has been approved by the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation to participate in the National Council for State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As a participating institution, Mississippi College is authorized to offer distance education courses and programs to residents of other SARA member states without seeking state-by-state approval.
Other Accrediting Agencies
In addition to accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Mississippi College is accredited by, approved by, or holds membership in the following disciplinary bodies:
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for The Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Association of American Law Schools (AALS)
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP)/National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC)
- Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL)
- National Association for The Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Association of Schools of Music